9 Dec 2012

Paris… All Rouge

Does the eye see what the eye wants to see?

All I saw was ‘red’.

Parisian ‘red’.

Everywhere I walked, everywhere I looked… there was ‘red’.

Gorgeous, bold, striking, vibrant… glowing ‘red’.

Christmas ‘red’… the rouge of Noël.

The ‘red’ of Santa, of sleighs… of baubles and of amaryllis.

The ‘red’ of happiness… and of the holidays.

Paris… bright and beautiful… and blushing all over… xv

HOLIDAY ROUGE INSPIRATION

The best ‘red’ lipstick… not too blue… not too orange… just right … Mac Ruby Woo

and for the perfect holiday nails… Essie ‘Tomboy No More’

‘Night Before Christmas’ by Betty Lou Phillips… Mrs Claus does Paris

Nazareth ‘rouge’… Scented candle from Cire Trudon

Thank you Teresa… Can you believe those amaryllis?? They were sitting outside a shop… welcoming people in… worked on me…;)

Heather in Arles

Je suis completement d’accord avec Martine…such lovely photos, Vicki. Perfect to warm even the coldest heart for the holiday season. I guess I know what color I will be painting my nails this afternoon… ;)

Merci Heather… I have to tell you, the rouge of Paris put me totally in the mood… even my lips and nails are red!! :)

The Enchanted Home

No where does red look more beautiful than in Paris! Gorgeous pictures that entice me to take a trip there sooner than later……always wanted to visit Paris during Christmas, have been all other 3 seasons, think its time!

Oh, Paris, Madrid, NYC, ROME, so many places can bring out the excitement of RED for me, and Paris is on the top of my list. What a wonderful observation my dear! HAPPY WEEKEND! Anita

Mary

The Repetto ballerinas are gorgeous……………everything in red for Christmas makes days leading up to the holidays so sparkly and bright!

Thanks for sharing all this Paris beauty Vicki.
Happy Christmas wherever you’ll be spending it – I’ll be home in England, yippee!
Mary

London is also looking very wonderful Mary… the streets are filled with gorgeous lights… and the atmosphere is so festive…

French Girl in Seattle

Two shots of Le Grand Colbert in one post! What a treat :-) Love le rouge parisien… It really stands out on all that winter grey, “la grisaille…” Paris needs even more red if you ask me, especially in Parisian wardrobes! Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

Virginia

V,
As you know, I”ve done a series on my blog I called Paris Rouge for years. Like you, it always catches my eye and now my readers will spot rouge in a photo even when I did not. I love your selection today and must find some of them on my next trip.
Bon weekend ,
V

Katie

Thanks for the beautiful shots of Paris “red”. I needed some holiday inspiration and, voila, here it is! Thanks so much for sharing.

It got me in the mood….. really made me feel like getting Christmassy… My pleasure… :)

Hostess of The Humble Bungalow

Oh this post is so French!

Our French teacher had a “holiday in France” theme yesterday in her class and she was adorable in her red beret and ballet flats, a navy and white striped marinere and her navy skirt with bright red lipstick!
She looked so adorable as she is no bigger than a minute and the students were too funny…
some came as Marcel Marceau, one was Anatole the cat! and others just wore berets.

I love people with spirit and red seems to radiate so much energy.
Enjoy your weekend!

lisa thomson

Gorgeous, I want to go to Paris now…I’m loving red. I wasn’t one to wear red until recently. For some reason, I’m drawn to it. Your post resonates with me. Thank you for sharing the beauty!

Red is a wonderful colour.. to wear, to decorate with… just a touch, a dab is all we need…:)

Jennifer

Oh I love red and it does bring out the Christmas spirit. It looks so good in snowy landscapes too, hmmm reminds me of my latest painting! Your links are great Vicki! Have a great weekend:)

Jennifer, I too I love red with the contrast of snow… that seems really festive to me…

The colour was what I noticed… perhaps my mind was already in holiday mode…:)
That’s the beauty of a city like Paris… everyone will see a different story…

myfrenchlinenarmoire.blogspot.com

Vicky, you have given us the “bleu”, now the “rouge” now get ready for the “blanc” so we can line uo your 3 blogs in the french flag colours “bleu -blanc-rouge”..at the next parisien snow, get on that TGV fast to bring s the photos en “blanc”…

Lidy@FrenchGardenHouse.com

Vicki, RED is so cheerful! Especially at this time of year. While my home is mostly soothing shades of cream and white, my family room has bright pops of RED. Red truly is my very favorite color, French or not! And red cashmere? Best of both worlds of sight and feel. Wrote about your fantastic book on the blog today, especially at this time of year I love to peruse the charms of Provence. xoxo

Good morning Vicki!

It is always so nice to see that you have come to leave me a comment. Merci beaucoup, et bonne fête! Anita