Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter Follow Me on Facebook Follow My Blog Feed Follow My Blog Feed

What To Wear?…

Christmas - Vicki Archer Christmas - Vicki Archer

First… To Find The Skirt

to die for and with santa’s help  miu miu embellished wool crepe skirt   // valentino plissé lace skirt

marc jacobs pleated satin // donna karan stretch knit  // ** michael van der ham brocade

asos full midi tiered skirt  //  **lamb moss flared leather skirt  //  collection flared skirt  // **topshop green poppy midi skirt

Then… To Find The Top

pure amici cashmere turtle neck  //  miu miu cashmere and silk blend  //  j.crew tippi crew neck  // tory burch bead embellished

hunter silk tuxedo shirt  //  j.crew embellished poplin shell

Now… To Find The Shoes

manolo blahnik jewelled pump  //  j.crew leopards et al  //  isabel marant dicker suede boots

And Last But Not Least

kenneth jay lane sparkles and pearls  //  vintage pink necklace  //  jane stone crystal necklace  // j.crew and all that shines

Let me know what you decide to wear… xv

images of regent street, london – vicki archer

receive my posts by email… subscribe to French Essence

Share This: Follow Me on PinterestFollow Me on TwitterFollow Me on Facebook

30 Responses to What To Wear?…

1. Love your style…a gorgeous fuller skirt with a turtleneck or fitted sweater is not only gorgeous and classic but so chic and flattering. Love the pale pink and gray too….stunning!

2. Anita Rivera says:

Oh Vicki,

All these links you provide are taking me down the winter wonderland of fashion. I too am thinking, “What to wear?” during my Southern California Christmas jaunt…we are flying out to my homestate and it will be many, many degrees warmer there than here, so I can indulge in a little high heel action and lighter weight clothing! BUT TALK ABOUT the ultimate skirt for London or here in freezing cold Minneapolis? You may have seen it, and maybe it’s not your cup of tea, but I had to pin this fabulous MINK SKIRT! The model is in Paris I believe, she is sporting an ankle length skirt in mink with a simple black cashmere sweater, black gloves, fabulous boots and her hair pulled back. Here is the link:

This would be my dream skirt to walk around here in Minneapolis!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS VICKI! Love, Anita

3. quintessence says:

We are definitely on the same page. I am wearing a gray beaded short sleeve knit Lanvin top and had made a long gray wool crepe bias skirt to match – with fabulous little suede laser cut MB booties!

4. Your photography is just stunning.
    Clothing choices to die for.
    Alas…it will probably be jeans and a sparkly top at my house. Maybe some day I will join the grown ups and need to be dashing and darling on Christmads day. Unfortunately that may require an entire exchange of family….

5. Karena says:

Vicki we love the same style! This is such a classic, forever look that is so chic and elegant!

xoxo
    Karena
    Scalamandre Giveaway!

• Vicki says:

I think so too Karena… I realise I have been wearing a variation of these pieces for the last 30 years… still… if it works, I figure go with it…. :)

6. La Contessa says:

AS for me……….I found ON SALE a GORGEOUS green velvet flowing pant with a tunic top.I will add jewels about the neck and wrists and try to do an UPDO as VERO did for me a few months ago!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS to all……….

7. Katherine says:

You just made me realize what treasure I have in my closet. The blush pink short sleeve top with embellishments – just bought one almost identical. The full skirt in soft grey – have had for some time. Sparkly statement necklaces – like the collection of shoes… too many to count.
    It’s a pretty combination. Thank you for the great suggestions.

8. Hallie says:

Beautiful ideas! I love them. There’s something wonderful about wearing a fuller type skirt, you just feel happy in it.
    I’m wearing a vintage black tulle sparkly long skirt with a sweater for Christmas Eve OR a colorful plaid Oscar dress from a few seasons ago. On Christmas day it’s comfort…velveteen jeans, flats and a sweater.
    I love the shoes you put in the post!

9. Hallie says:

P.S. The photos are amazing and I think your layout is wonderful including the type face under the photo. It’s a pleasure to read and view.

10. for the big day, I will take the sparkly necklace + a simple blouse + a full skirt (I have in my closet all three) + I am excited + with 6 people coming for dinner,an apron will be over everything. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

11. Fabulous inspiration, as usual. Unfortunately, I have taken on the proportions of Mr. Potato-head this year so I will have to go with free-flowing black accessorised with opera length pearls and pearl earrings. I would like to predict that I will be svelte and fit by Christmas 2014, but New Year’s resolutions never appear to last past January.
    Have a wonderful Christmas and thank you for constantly with inspiration and joy on your blog. Bisous

12. Oops – I am half asleep and omitted part of the last sentence…….TAKE 2

Thank you for constantly providing us with great inspiration and joy on your blog. Have a wonderful Christmas. Bisous

13. Anita Rivera says:

VICKI!

teeehee….I loved your reply up above! That skirt is for the extremely tiny woman! I don’t even think I could pull it off, but isn’t it WILDLY FABULOUS? And thank you for your visit today. Nature is my focal point this year, and it is right with my soul.

BISOUS! Anita

14. Katherine says:

Oh, such things to wish for. Alas, with little money and worn out clothes, one cannot be quite so chic. Hope springs eternal, though. Perhaps next year.

Love your blog. Merry Christmas!

15. karen in va says:

Loved it all .. great choices … and new ideas for things I already own … great post, as usual

Merry Christmas

Karen in VA

16. D. A. Wolf says:

Oh, I would know those jeweled pumps anywhere (*sigh*)… And I love creating the effect of the LBD by mixing a favorite black top with a slightly flirty skirt. Gorgeous.

17. It all looks AMAZING :) I hope you had a lovely Christmas holiday.

Check out my new post…Cute Swedish Curtain inspiration :)

Have a fab day.