5 Jan 2014

2013… Every Picture Tells A Story

2013 French Essence - Vicki Archer

2013 French Essence - Vicki Archer

2013 French Essence - Vicki Archer

2013 French Essence - Vicki Archer

2013 French Essence - Vicki Archer

I enjoy looking back… I love reminiscing.

Reminders of what has passed triggers memories and sets in place an unintentional wish list for the future.

It’s surprising how much we can accomplish in 365 days, how much we can see and discover… how much we learn.

Wishes for 2014? Apart from the most important… health, happiness and laughter.

My resolution most years is the same… contentment… learning to be still and to appreciate…

Happy, happy New Year and may all your dreams come true… xv

Piaf Vintage French

Beautiful photos, Vicki. Looks like you had a magical year! I’m also thinking about wishes for the coming year. May 2014 be filled with love, light and lots of magical moments for us all!

Claire

Happy New Year Vicki and may all your dreams come true and if that does not happen may you have the serenity to accept what is! What absolutely beautiful photos, thank you for sharing. x

Leota Mayr

This is wonderful! I love your “year in pictures”, it’s a gift to family and friends. I will borrow your idea and put one of my own together. Thank you and have a Happy and Healthy New Year. May all your dreams come true.

mona

The beautiful scenes, the feeling of warmth or crispness depending on the season, the “sound of life,” imagining the delightful tastes of food so artfully presented, and the gorgeous aroma of roses. These lovely pictures aroused all of my senses. I love being swept away when I visit your blog Vicki.

Bonjour beautiful soul!

I did a post last New Year’s Eve called, “A picture is worth a thousand memories” and for me being such a visual “poet”, what I see moves me so. I can look at a photo of a relative I never knew from way back in the late 1890s and feel so connected. I adore your VISUAL sensitivity and that is perhaps why you are such a great photo stylist and home decorater. We have enjoyed every post you have delivered to us, but most of all, the woman behind it all.

Success and love to you dearest Vicki, in 2014 and always! Anita

Ivy Lane

Looks to have been a lovely year! Cheers to another great one in 2014!

PS…I just went on Net-a-Porter.com… OMG! great sales on fabulous boots!

Happy New Year!

Ivy Lane

Katherine

Lovely-thanks for sharing your year,Vicki. Please know, the beauty you share is greatly appreciated, anxiously anticipated and inspirational. Thank you…
May 2014 bring you all that makes your heart sing!

Juanita in OH

These are fabulous photos! I appreciate you sharing them, they make me long to travel.
I wish you and your’s a very Happy New Year filled with excellent health and prosperity.

Trish Murphy

Hello Vicki.Wishing you a wonderful New Year and happiness for 2014.A wonderful montage of 2013 I look forward to the new journeys of life I loved the London photos and thank you for another wonderful year of posts, xTrish

Carmel

Wow Vicki what a beautiful year, thanks for sharing so many amazing pictures & stories!
Thanks also for my postcard too, love it!!
Happy & prosperous 2014!!
Carmel

Karen

Vicki,

I opened this this morning just glanced at it and thought it was very nice. I just came back to it and really looked at it. I am so moved by the collage of images. Lots of work went into this post. Well done. Happy New Year to you and your family! Here comes 2014!

lauren

Hi-I’m a newbie here and I have been so enjoying going back and reading your posts. Thanks for sharing your lovely spirit (that comes thru in yourr writing) and the beautiful photos from the story of your past year. So pretty.

Happy New Year from a new friend.

Katherine

What a wonderful look back to a full and happy year. Thanks for sharing.

Wishing you a New Year filled with fun and good health.

Esther George

Hi Vicki beautiful photographs and beautiful memories. We are 3 hours from 2014 having a quiet night waiting for our famous fire works, they’ve started already down the road. Vicki Wishing you and your family a wonderful, healthy and safe New Year. Cheers, Santé Regards Esther from Sydney. PS thank you for a wonderful blog. My resolution for 2014…..New Specs…

French Girl in Seattle

You’ve certainly covered some territory in 2013, and we all benefited. Thank you for sharing all your photos! Bonne année 2014, à toi et toute ta famille, Vicki ! Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

Tish Jett

Dear, dear Vicki,

What a magical way to end the year. Thank you for all the beauty and kindness you bring into our world throughout the year.

Here’s looking forward to a new year and lunch.

xoxo,
Tish

Millie

A fabulous snapshot of the wonderful year that was at FE Vicki. Sadly I could not do the same over at The Hedge, as every image would be of me yelling at MOTH to get off the sofa & get cracking with this very slow renovation!
Love Millie xx

Debby

Every picture does tell a story and your blog is packed w/ the most dreamy and beautiful ones. Happy 2014 to you! xo

sharon santoni

Wonderful images Vicki, my favourites being of your house in Provence. We all look forward to the beauty you’ll be showing us in 2014
Sharon
xx

Nancy {at} Powell Brower

Vicki, I adore your photography. It sucks me in every time and I can feel the atmosphere, taste the food, smell the flowers. I so enjoy your blog and look forward to another year with you! Thank you for continuous inspiration. xo Nancy

Design Chic

What beautiful images, Vicki. Thank you for all of the inspiration this year and wishing you health, happiness and of course “contentment” in 2014!!

Shane

Happy New Year Vicki!
May all your dreams for 2014 be fulfilled!
Beautiful memories of 2013 in review – I spied your ‘Belle Fiore’ plate in the last mosaic – I had a set 30 years ago – I still love it!
HUGS
Shane

Angela

Love your recap through pictures. My New Year’s resolution is the same–happiness, health & prosperity!

Happy New Years to you!