10 Apr 2014

Olivia Palermo… Whiteout

White On Black - Olivia Palermo

The essential elements are all there.

The addition of the white jacket to the all black changes it up… makes this simple but elegant look, perfect for the coming months.

The black pants and tee underneath are very flattering…. and admittedly we can’t all look like Olivia Palermo… but this style of dressing is very wearable at any age.

Add simple pumps or strappy booties

Wear the new season pointy-toed flat… and add a wide cuff bracelet or two.

I admit to loving this look… and will be wearing it over and over in the coming months.

Not new, not complicated… not adventurous… but sophisticated and à la mode.

Whiteout

divine extravagance

stella mccartney  susanna relaxed caddy  //  theory  jannison two button double breasted  // rag and bone slash single button

happy medium

lafayette one button  //  joie mehira linen   //  j.crew linen schoolboy  //  maje leather trim

don’t refrain

trouvé notched lapel  //  olivia moon three-quarter  //  mural slouchy boyfriend

for more white on black…  shop french essence

Olivia Palermo - Google Images

The Enchanted Home

I like it too..very chic and elegant but feels “modern”. I also like that you can easily add to it, scarf, jewelry, whatever or take away..either way its a winning look!

Oh what a gorgeous ensemble! YES! I can do this…even if I don’t look like her! And I love that pink and black striped shirt in the lower photo. Thanks again Vicki, for the inspiration! Anita

karen in va

My favorite uniform … always chic, always comfortable … always assured of elegance.

Karen in VA

Cynthia Olson

This is my go to look all the time…classic black with white always looks classy!

Jennifer

One of my staple looks!! I do add some more substantial accessories, and of course wear flats! Gorgeous inspiration Vicki!!

KATHYSUE

Vicki thank you for giving us options with three price points!! This makes your style advice more doable for some of us,
Kathysue

Deborah McKenzie

I do love this look as well. It makes getting put together so much easier. The good basics have so much mixing possibilities. I really don’t like to shop. After many years I finally have found the cuts that work for me. You can never go wrong with black and white. There is always a way to make it your own. Thank you Vicki again for another dose of inspiration.

D. A. Wolf

Black and white. Classic. (I’ve just fallen in love with a pair of 90mm Manolo slides in nude… In my imaginary life, could I pair them with this outfit? If not, I’ll just go with all black. After all, I can’t be the only one who dresses from the (dream) shoes up…)

Sue Malizia

I enjoy seeing your inspirations with new ways on how to wear black…as it’s the majority of what seem to wear; mixing and matching with other basics. Love this look.

Shell

I sooo heart Olivia’s style and especially the white jacket. This outfit works for Autumn on this side of the world too, Thanks Vicki. Shell – A Darlings Nest

Brazil chanel Handbags

chanel beach bag
I’ll immediately grasp your rss feed as I can not find your
email subscription link or newsletter service. Do
you have any? Please allow me understand so that I may subscribe.
Thanks.

You can subscribe on my website… on the top right hand side of the page… xv