15 May 2014

Paris, Lace And Grace Kelly

Paris - Vicki Archer

Looking back at this photograph taken in the place Saint Michel, in Paris, I recall that my thoughts immediately drifted towards lace.

Delicate, feminine and romantic…

Characteristics both city and fabric share.

When studying Grace Kelly’s wardrobe I saw that she often wore espadrilles.

This season I am in love with lace espadrilles.

Simple, chic… and comfortable.

Another fashion win/win.

Tenuous connections… for sure… but that’s how my mind wanders and weaves… xv

shop french essence for more grace kelly inspiration

Grace Kelly Inspiration - Vicki Archer

Goodness, do you inspire. I have not worn espadrilles in so many years, and when I was wearing them, they were the kind that had a long strap you tied around your ankle. I loved those shoes, but look at the fabulous selections you share here! I must get a pair for this summer, Vicki!

I think your creative mind does make those connections because that is what an artist/writer does. The bolder or even more least likely pairings make the best connections – they surprise us. LACE and Paris? Mais OUI!

Bonne journée, Madame! Anita

Candice

I had espadrilles one summer in Buenos Aires and wore them out ! They were the usual black on natural soles , black lace ups. Now I will be on the look out for lace .. what a lovely idea ! even if I am not in Paris ~

Heather in Arles

I am wearing espadrilles as I type. They are my summer staple, every summer. But lace ones? Ooh la la I love it!
PS. You think your connections are tenuous? I immediately thought that you were referring to the Grace Kelly movie opening Cannes tonight!

D. A. Wolf

Espadrilles! I had black ones that laced around the ankles, when I was in college. Loved them. (Must keep an eye our next time I am ‘accidentally! In one of my fave shoe stores.)

anita

I adore lace espadrilles…Valentino does them beautifully, and in the most delicious colours! Was treated to a pair for Mother’s Day – now we need some sun!

Karena

Vicki I am now shopping espadrilles for summer…don’t forget Toms, where they give a pair to a child in need for each pair purchased!!

xoxo
Karena
The Windows of Buck House

Shell

Hi Vicki
If Grace wore Lace then lace it is. And espadrilles are always a classic go to . I agree but it is a bit chilly in Australia for espadrilles at present, mine will have to wait for Spring. Happy Friday wishes Shell – A Darlings Nest