12 Aug 2014

High Summer And All White

As the temperatures climbed this last weekend and the humidity kicked in… my mind floated towards the pale, the fresh… the light, the all white.

This week I’m feeling all white… I want to enjoy this high summer while I can.

Black and navy will be beckoning soon enough.

I’m adding a flash of white to my wardrobe… accessorising with some, going the whole way with others.

This is what I’m thinking.

High  Summer White, Vicki Archer, French Essence, France

all white

rebecca taylor lace top  //  nordstrom tissue weight cashmere wrap  //  thierry lasry cat-eye sunglasses  //  nike free flying 4.0

miguelina cotton lace kaftan  //  burberry brit tee  //  cara studded leather band  //  tibi jacquard skirt

nicholas kirkwood pointed flats  //  via spiga cage booties

I’m wearing the whites and not just on the court… xv

HELEN TILSTON

Hi Vicki

I love this selection. I have always loved white and particularly as we spend most of the year with summer like temperatures.
Hope you are enjoying every minute of summer
Helen x

Sam @ My Carolina Kitchen

I love whites for summer. They look so fresh and your selections are all excellent, including the slightly long skirt. It only takes a couple of times to wear black when the summer temperatures are scorching to know how hot you can feel in black. As you said, save black and navy for fall. It will be here soon enough.
Sam

Bring it on. I am not ready for dark colors yet, yes, the time will come soon enough.

This has been one of the best summers, ever, and I’m not the only one who has noticed! Call it maturity of both garden and self, or climate change, but something is in the summer air, and white is the best choice to enjoy that muse.

HAPPY DAY, VICKI!

As well as colour in Paris this summer, saw quite a lot of white. Often full white, dress, shoes and all other accessories too. It looked lovely – and fresh and cool. So glad to see you’re enjoying white too. Mostly the women in black in Paris this summer seemed to be American tourists. Best wishes, Pamela

Karena

Adore white, and while packing for surgery and rehab, am off to find a soft white linen pant , comfy, easy!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Candice@NotesFromABroad

I have been enjoying the aspect of Summer in Upstate NY … it has not been terribly hot yet.
The worst days in NYC, were just nice sunny days up here. Of course, I get to sit through a winter of freezing cold and snow but summer is lovely here.
I just made my first ever jar of Pesto from basil bought at a farm :)

Elizabeth Eiffel

I love white – clothes, walls, home accessories…….but when I wear white, within minutes something unwanted seems to touch it. Little hands, cat or dog paws, a splash of something! A sign of getting older?
Warm regards