13 Jun 2015

Where To Eat In Saint Remy de Provence

Where to eat in Saint Remy de Provence

Where to eat in Saint Remy de Provence?

Restaurants come and go but there are a few that we frequent regularly and enjoy. This list is in no particular order or of gastronomique importance. If you asked me where I like to eat in Saint Remy de Provence, this is what I would tell you.

Where To Eat In Saint Remy de Provence

La Cantina

The best pizza in town and if pizza is not your thing try the “grande” salad.

18 Boulevard Victor Hugo, 13210, Saint Remy de Provence

+33 (0) 4 90 90 90 60

Les Chateau des Alpilles

Dining outside in front of the Chateau is heaven; reservation essential.

Route du Rougadou, 13210 Saint Remy de Provence

33 (0) 5 82 88 09 83

Hotel de Tourrel

New in town. This boutique hotel is super chic, serves wonderful wines and offers a great set menu.

5, rue Carnot, 13210 Saint Remy de Provence

+33 (0) 4 84 35 07 21

Maison Drouot

On the outskirts of town; this is one restaurant to be tempted by dessert.

150 Route de Maillane, 13210 Saint Rémy de Provence

+33 (0) 4 90 15 47 42

L’Aile ou la Cuisse

A long standing favourite; I always have the chicken.

5, Rue de la Commune, 13210 Saint Remy de Provence

+33 (0) 4 32 62 00 25

Auberge de la Reine Jeanne

In summer sit in the courtyard; in winter, enjoy the fireside.

12 Boulevard Mirabeau, 13210 Saint Remy de Provence

+33 (0) 4 90 92 15 33

La Gousse d’Ail

For the quirky decor alone.

6 Boulevard Marceau, 13210 Saint Remy de Provence

+33 (0) 4 90 92 16 87

Le Cafe de la Place

Fantastic salads and the place to have lunch on market day and watch the world go by.

17 place de la Republique, 13210 Saint Remy de Provence

+33 (0) 4 90 92 02 13

Gus Restaurant

If you love seafood, then Gus is the place.

31 Boulevard Victor Hugo, 13210 Saint Remy de Provence

+33 (0) 4 90 90 27 61

Les Filles du Patissier

Next door almost to Le Petit Bijou, this is another great lunch spot on market day.

3 place Favier, 13210 Saint Rémy de Provence

+33 (0) 6 12 05 87 58

La Roma

The coconut ice cream will change your life and the other flavours aren’t bad either. Taste the sorbets; raspberry, grapefruit and peach.

33 Boulevard Marceau, 13210 Saint Rémy de Provence

+33 (0) 4 90 92 14 33

Le Divin

The coolest bar in town.

12 A Boulevard Gambetta, 13210 Saint Rémy de Provence

+33 (0) 4 32 61 48 03

Do you have other favourite restaurants in Saint Remy de Provence? Let’s add to the list.. xv

In This Post: ,

Your blog is a treasure trove Vicki; our next stop in Provence, we will surely know where to go! I hope you are having a fabulous summer at la maison; your photos show such a lush life, enjoying every moment of Provence: my heaven on earth. ENJOY! Anita

Angela Muller

Vicki,
Sure could have used this list a year ago. We were based in Aix, but took a day trip to St. Remy and loved it. There’s a shop there that had the most wonderful, handmade purses; every female on my list received one. Then we tried Les Chateau for dinner, but you are right, reservations are a must. Don’t remember where we finally had dinner, but it, obviously, wasn’t memorable. So, next time….

Heather in Arles

That is a perfect list, Madame V. And I love that there are all different price points represented from super casual to gastronomique. One to add – Le Mas de L’Amarine. Am I right? ;)

Also, for those visiting there are a few good foodie boutiques not to miss as well: Lilamand Confiserie for fruit confit, Joël Durand for chocolate and Le Petit Duc for old-fashioned Provençal cookies and biscuits…

Heather in Arles

And for sentimental reasons? We had dear friends who lived in the center of St. Remy for years and we would always meet them at the Bar Tabac which was their home away from home. While I am not suggesting it for its menu, I always loved to watch the local characters that would come in and out for cigarettes and the like while sipping coffee or a glass of rosé…

Stephanie

Vicki! Excellent suggestions! My daughter and I ate at Hotel d’ Almeran two nights. We had some interesting connections with Ralph one of the owners! He was so congenial…his wine shop attached to the premise is wonderful…And he is so knowledgeable…Brought home one of his menus to frame for my daughter’s kitchen…I also thought the food at L’Aileoula Cuisse was excellent… The desserts a little too tempting! I will try a few on your list when I am in St Remy next June! Thank You!

Heather Lindstrom

You are bringing back some lovely memories for me, Vicki. I’m definitely bookmarking this list for next time we are in St. Remy. It’s one of my favorite places…lucky you!
Happy weekend!
xx, Heather @ Stylemindchic Life

We were often out on day trips and had lunch in a range of great places. Some of our faves include: L’Oustau de Baumaniere, Les Mas Tourteron (near Gordes), and would have to look up the others.
In St Remy itself we just love Les Filles du Patissier (and they really are) – the girls are so nice and they do the best salads. The location in the Place Favier is superb – so beautiful, shady and quiet, just the sounds of the fountain and sometimes a fabulous musician. On our last full day there was an amazing Spanish singer. It’s a great place even just to stop for a drink or a coffee. Though I think they’re usually closed on Wednesdays because the square is used for market stalls.
Your house is looking so beautiful. Best wishes, Pamela

Karena

Dear Vicki, I value your input so much and cannot wait to visit Provence and try some of these restaurants!!
Have a wonderful weekend!
xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Nichola

Hi Vicki. My sister and I are in the last of our 3 months here in St Remy and loving it. Have to agree with you on the fish restaurant ‘Gus’ – our absolute favourite for dinner. Also Cafe de la Place where we frequent for breakfast, coffee, lunch, any time – they are all so lovely in there. Also for something different we ate at the Vietnamese restaurant the other evening, Le Mandarin – what a memorable experience – the food was great and the owner Dominic was such a fantastic host. Finally drinks at L’opticien – for us the best bar in town; great wine, great music a wonderful atmosphere (for any age group) and the best staff, particularly the girls Justine and Audrey – they make everyone feel so welcome. Try any of these and you just can’t go wrong. Nichola and Jo xx

Maggie

Mas du Capoun in Molleges….about 15 min outside of St. Remy…. is not to be missed! Dining in the attached barn during the summer is a wonderful treat. The food is exquisitely prepared and reasonably priced…..service is impeccable. Reservations are absolutely mandatory. Michael Roumain is the chef and his wife, Michele, manages the dining room. 27 Avenue du Paluds / 13940 Molleges / tel 04 90 26 07 12

Catherine

Vicki, thank you for the recommendations – we are staying in St Remy for 4 nights in September and I cannot wait to try out everyone’s suggestions.
Catherine

Anne Hamper

We are staying at Hotel le Chalet Fleuri, rue frederic mistral, San Remy – and have just had the best meal we have enjoyed in the past week in Provence. Reservations are essential – the young couple bought the hotel 2 years ago – the position of the hotel is perfect, they are charming and we highly recommend it.

Sandra Peach

We have arrived in this beautiful town of St Remy ,taken note of all your suggestions on restaurants etc how fabulous ,staying at the Le Vallon Valrugues also stunning gardens and Alfresco dining
I feel like I have just found a little slice of heaven for a few days ..love your posts. We are from Cremorne in Sydney and recommended by an old friend of Vickys . Have read all your books and love them.

Rose Huckendubler

I am so glad that I found your blog. It is beautiful, interesting and fun to read. It has been over 30 years since I have been to Europe. Province is one of my favorite areas. I would love to figure out how to incorporate traveling there periodically for business that would also be a pleasure. Winning this trip would be a fantastic opportunity. I hope I win. Thank you for offering the chance. Merci.

Dawn Ritchie

We only had one day in St.Remy(market day). It was a beautiful day filled with wonderful food and shopping. I plan to stay longer next trip!