5 Sep 2015

Autumn Shades

autumn in the jardin du luxembourg, paris, vicki archer

September and I can feel autumn in the air.

The light is retreating and the chill pinching at our heels.

Cooler days are on their way.

autumn in the jardin du luxembourg, paris, vicki archerautumn in the jardin du luxembourg, paris, vicki archer

Fashion transition between summer and winter is a hard one to navigate.

What do we wear when it’s all so uncertain?

I find it is the small changes that start my mood swing.

This fall season Chanel featured a warm chestnut shade for nails and toes. It is time and I am ready. The nudes and creams along with the caftans may have seen their last wear.

I am in an autumn frame of mind and the nails are the very first things to change, xv.

Autumn Shades

[thefeedproducts style=’one’]

669 chataigne // 671 ecorce sanguine

Karena

Vicki I am always thrilled when Autumn arrives. I am a sweater weather kind of lady and love to layer and bundle up. The colors of Autumn, the deep rich reds, oranges, plums, purples are gorgeous ! Have a great weekend!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

The Enchanted Home

Vicki I too am so ready. While I love summer’s lazy days, there is nothing like a crisp fall morning and being surrounded by foliage….ahhh it is magical. I also LOVE fall and winter clothes so I am excited and eager to start a new chapter….enjoy! These pictures are fabulous.

Thank you Tina… It’s fun how we look forward to each and every season.. that’s what I love so much about living in the northern hemisphere… those changes… :)

Celia Becker @ After Orange County

Hi Vicki, I’m feeling the little hints of fall here on my mountain top too. It’s one of the great things about living in an area where the 4 seasons make themselves known. The little chill in the air, the rustle of the wind in the trees. Fall is on its way and I’m lovin’ it!

Yes, me too.
It’s almost chilly in London today… and as I wandered about I thought.. almost time for boots and definitely time for new nails… :)

FrenchGardenHouse

Like my friend Karena, I am an autumn woman. In late August I look longlingly at the rich, deep jewel tones in my clothes, and my cashmere sweaters. I am ready. A little trip to the Chanel counter is always a delight at this time, to stock up on some glorious autumn colors too. Happy fall!

Cathy C

Hi Vicki,
I agree – Autumn. Like Peggy I say, bring it on. I am ready. I have my 800+ page September issue of Vogue. Your pictures are so pretty. Have a lovely weekend!
Cathy

Jennifer

I simply cannot wait to unpack my sweaters and curl up under a cozy blanket with a good book and my cup of tea. Autumn is my favorite of all the seasons.
Although I have to laugh since September has arrived every day has been high 80’s and humid. My curls can’t wait for autumn either!

Sylvie Zolezzi

Vicki,
I love fall and like you have already switched to my favorite nail polish fall color which is very similar to Chataigne. I love your blog!
Merci!
Sylvie

Late, but loving this post. Those are my colors, Vicki. The muted natural tones? I live in them in my home and in my dress. Ah, I want to smell the parfum de Provence right now. I’m reading some Philippe Delerm and his descriptions of les plaisirs de la vie minucules are making me want to run back to France!

Donna clark

Hi Vicki,
Coming to visit Paris for 6 days in one week and then head south to visit Nice, Monte carlo, Provence and Dijon for three weeks. What would be appropriate attire for that seasonal type of weather? Cool enough for sweaters and boots?

Definitely a sweater for the evening and boots are perfect too… Paris will be cooler than down south so a light jacket is always useful too…
Have a wonderful trip.

Missi

Bonjour Vicki,

Fall is my favorite season although I will have to wait until October to feel a touch of coolness. I really like the chataigne color. Thanks for sharing!

Wendy Shippee

I love autum. The chill in the air, all the fall colors. It feels fresh and crisp. Here in south Florida we done get that until December (maybe!), so I get my fix with nail colors and such. I am loving the chataigne color. I Leave the green for my daughter and daughter-in-law!

Candice @ NotesFromABroad

Here in Upstate NY the trees are just starting to change. There is still mostly green and not much on the ground yet. In another few weeks we will be buried !
Although in another few weeks, I will be on my way or already in my new home … down South.
I will miss the autumns up here..that crisp chill in the air, apples and no a/c at night :)
We used to go to Paris every Oct/Nov for our anniversary. I can’t count how many times we sat by that fountain in the Luxembourg Gardens.

Mrs Helen Douglas-Irving

Dear Vicki,
What a lovely post. It makes me think of long walks, glowing skin and wrapping up in a much loved Gucci cashmere and silk wrap in Autumn hues. Pots of tea, great books and preparing the garden for a sleep. I am amazed in recent years that scarves and wraps have been so in and it looks as if this style is here to stay. I love fashion when it is elegant and practical. Any tips for a new elegant twist on scarves and wraps? Thank you for your lovely site. It is chic, fun and inspirational,