3 Dec 2016

The 3 Best “Cover-Ups”

The 3 Best Cover Ups on vickiarcher.com
Holiday season has officially started.
So have my tired eyes and dark circles.

I am already searching for the concealer and working on a cover-up. I know I should be managing my sleeping better and living life in moderation; it is a festive time and if a few dark eyes are the price then I will happily pay it.

I don’t know why we feel the need to jam in a month a social life that could be spread out across six, but we do. Truthfully, I love it. The frenetic pace makes me feel the holidays are near and it is the build up that makes them so much fun. Why not be more and merrier? Except for the dark circles.

Now is the time I really rely on concealer. A generous amount under the eyes and a little above the top lip to highlight and deflect.

Concealer, makes all the difference when I am tired; actually it is a true life saver. I have been wanting to try this one.

Clé de Peau Beauté concealer has had rave reviews from make-up artists and beauty experts. It wins awards because it works and has a beautifully creamy texture. I’m very happy. It is well worth trying.

I alternate my make-up products regularly and find changing the routine is refreshing; it makes me try that little bit harder. It’s silly how a new product can make you feel much more lively and willing to go the extra yards; it must be a female thing.

This one is my latest find, have you tried it? xv

The 3 Best Cover Ups

clé de peau beauté new kid on the block  ||  touche éclat a tried and tested friend  ||  giorgio armani precision a reliable contender

image, derek kettela

Beth Anderson

I used to love Cle de Peau concealer but then I discovered YSL Touche Eclat, and loved it, and then I discovered Kiehl’s “Clearly Corrective™ Dark Circle Perfector SPF 30” which I think I like the best of all. All of them are quite worthy, though, and I could go back to any of those.

Candice

Because of dry sensitive skin, I tend to stick with whatever I found that works and doesn’t react badly on my skin. So Clinique and Chanel and Bobbi Brown (concealer) seem to be my main cosmetic favorites as well as an occasional Lancome (mascara) … .
I am very fair and have no dark circles but it helps with those little “bags” under the eye when a person has had too much salt, not enough sleep, cried a tear or two etc.

Candice, check out Avène for hypoallergenic products. My doctor recommended it, then I realized a the other doctors for our family had recommended it for other reasons and we had a bunch of different Avène products. They also do makeup.

Peggy Warner

Hello Vicki,

Perhaps I have missed it in your other writings, but I would love to have your thoughts about products that are not tested on animals. Cruelty free. Have you any to suggest?

Jeanne

Better to enjoy life to its fullest and let makeup take care of the rest! Happy holiday season, Vicki.

OMG! Cle de Peau is THE STUFF! It’s expensive, but so worth it. It does what it’s supposed to, around eyes AND on blemishes. Without getting oily or rubbing off. Lasts all day. I love it!

Trudye

CDP concealer has been my favorite concealer for years and Touché Éclat a beloved old friend and always in my bag for a quick touch up. I am also a fan of the Tom Ford Illuminating Highlighter pen …instant wake up call!
I find staying well hydrated during the busy holidays and beyond proves the best concealer of all! xx

Mary

Love clé de Peau, but also have found Tris McEvoy Eye Brite to be wonderful – stays on all day, and never goes into the lines or wrinkles!!! Fabulous – it comes in two shades, but I like the Light shade for under the eyes – you actually look rested!!!

You have a great plan: to rotate your beauty products. I think I’m finding that out….I had found a great shampoo about two years ago, but it seems to not be working as well. I think it’s time to change again. As for concealers, I’ve never had to use them, but as always, you are THE resource for any beauty product! Have a restful weekend dearest Vicki!