20 Dec 2016

The Best Romantic Movies on Netflix: Part III

The Best Romantic Movies on Netflix Part III on vickiarcher.com
Introducing, the vintage classics.

Love and romance is something we love in our holiday movies and these films are some of the best of the bunch. The traditional gentleman will always be a hero in my eyes, simply add a lustrous narrative and an iconic love scene and I am in bliss.

Oh, and Audrey Hepburn in all her exuberance will never go unnoticed.

I will be working my way through these over the holidays. Have we missed any favourites?

The Best Romantic Movies on Netflix II

Breakfast at Tiffany’s

‘’Did I tell you how divinely and utterly happy I am?’’

Wuthering Heights

“I wish I were a girl again, half-savage and hardy, and free.”

The African Queen

‘’What a time we had Rosie, what a time we had.’’

An Affair to Remember

‘’I was looking up… it was the nearest thing to heaven! You were there…’’

Funny Face

‘’The Quality Woman must have grace, elegance and pizazz.’’

Bringing Up Baby

‘’Well, I’ve got a leopard, and you’re a zoologist, so come over and help me!’’

Gone With the Wind

‘’Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn!’’

Casablanca

“Kiss me. Kiss me as if it were the last time.”

The Philadelphia Story

‘’ I used to be afraid of that look. The withering glance of the goddess.’’

Roman Holiday

‘’I’d like to do just whatever I like the whole day long…!’’

Berniece H Omans

My favorite romantic movie is Moonstruck and favorite line: “Snap out of it!”

Sharon E

My husband has to watch Moonstruck at least once a year. His favorite line: “In the moonlight, you look like you’re 23!”

franki

Those are just some of the BEST movies ever!! “Moonstruck”…”I’m confused….” :) franki

Mrs Helen Douglas-Irving

What about the French movie Nellie et Monsieur Arnaud? Bittersweet but still lovely…

Nancy Thompson

Love all of those movies and Vicki, I so enjoy reading and seeing your blog every day!
You are a dear and I think of you as a “friend”!
Happy Christmas!
Nancy

Candice

I have seen the old ones so many times, and I never get tired of them. Especially Gone With the Wind and Breakfast at Tiffany’s.

Alison

Bernice, I so agree! Moonstruck is such an underrated film with an amazing ensemble cast.
Happy Christmas to all.

There was a double bill on Foxtel last night: “An Affair to Remember” and Audrey Hepburn and Peter O’Toole in “How to Steal a Million” – the second not in my own absolute top list but charming and funny – and such style with all her Givenchy outfits. I specially loved the black lace mask and the glitter eyes! So conspiratorial – yet gorgeous and funny at the same time.
Happy Christmas, Vicki, to you and all your family! And Happy Christmas to all your readers! Best wishes, Pamela

I love every single one of these, especially those with Audrey. She will always go down as my role model for simply beauty that wins every time. Good morning, Vicki!