7 Dec 2016

The “What She Wants” Gift Guide #1

The What She Wants Gift Guide on vickiarcher.com

What she wants when she can have anything she wants.

Lovely thought, don’t you think?

We have put together three gift guides for the holidays with no thought other than gifts we would absolutely adore. They are girly, extravagant and luxurious. They are for the woman who knows what she wants but might not necessarily treat herself. They are for the woman who feels like looking after herself and for the friends and family in her life who need a little clue or ten.

The first guide is feminine and luxurious. You can see my hand in this one. Yes to every piece. The price points are varied; the one thing they all have in common is we can’t say no to any of them.

The What She Wants Gift Guide on vickiarcher.com

1. Wrap and wind in Chan Lu

These bracelets and leather neck tie are my absolute favourites; the more the merrier. I want to wear them all at the same time. It doesn’t matter how many you have you can always add more. And what about the pearly grey? Crushing on that.

2. My Stylish French Box from my very stylish girlfriend, Sharon Santoni has just launched.

I am super excited to receive my surprise package of French fabulousness from her. This is an amazing idea; an individual or yearly subscription to receive a beautiful box full of exclusive French home wares curated by Sharon. Where do I sign?

3. This Eugenia Kim beanie has been on my wish list forever.
Does nobody in my family listen to me? I think it will be a perfect winter weekend warmer.

4. These Hangisi flats in blush have my name all over them.
Ever since ‘Sex In The City’ days I have dreamed of Manolos.

5. When in doubt remember the silk pyjamas.
It is such a luxury to sleep in beautiful lingerie and is the one thing we never get around to buying for ourselves.

The What She Wants Gift Guide on vickiarcher.com

6. This is the prettiest jewellery case ever.

The colour is heavenly not to mention the practical nature of the design. Filling that up and arranging the precious would be hours of fun.

7.Cashmere tracksuit pants must be the ultimate in luxury.

I would add a delicious blush pink poncho style wrap with these and watch movies all night long.

8. Rancé soap is the one of the most divine soaps I have ever tried.

Any Francophile would be delighted with a box of gardenia or rose hand made soaps. Almost too pretty to use.

9. Can’t have shoes without a bag.

This Balenciaga Classic City would do any of us urban girls proud. Big tick.

10. Faux, vintage and cape in the one sentence. I’m in.

Wear this sophisticated beauty with everything all holiday long.

If my darlings aren’t listening to me I do hope they are reading ;) xv

The What She Wants Gift Guide #1

1. 1. chan lu ||  2. my stylish french box ||  3. eugenia kim  ||  4. manolo blahnik ||  5. silk satin pj’s

2. 6. jewellery box  ||  7. cashmere track pants  ||  8. rancé soaps  ||  9. balenciaga handbag  ||  10. vintage faux cape

3. image vogue japan, kourtney roy
  4. my stylish french box, sharon santoni

Monika

Just subscribed.. Can’t wait to explore. You are already making my gift shopping easier!

Stephanie Guillory

Vicki,
I love your view of fashion and sense of provencial style. I am a French “wanna be” from Louisiana, far from the Paris scene. I look forward to seeing your posts and dreaming of France.

Caroline Longstaffe

Wow Vicki I hope someone is reading this gift list ‘pour moi’! What a delightful indulgence. Love reading your luxurious insights into life, have a wonderful Christmas xx

KAREN ROMANI

I love your style! I’m a dreamer so travelling in your world is heaven die me. Thank you for being so good at presenting this fantasy world for me.

Marlene Trevisan

I love your site Vicki and your attitude toward aging! You inspire me to dream and make some of those dreams happen. I think you do what every good blog should do – expand my vision. I am excited to follow you.

Elaine Fram

Vicki, I’ve had two trips to France in the last four months. Love the South and can’t get enough of anything from there. When I’m not in France, I’m dreaming of it and planning my next trip.

Elaine Fram

Thank you for these beautiful things. Love to read about all things beautiful. It makes ones life more beautiful.

Judy Bales

Hello Vicki….a merry Christmas to you and your family! Thank you for “bringing Provence to Los Angeles!” Would love to stay in Petite Bijou in 2017! We had the joy of seeing it right before it was finished!

Laura Gallagher

I would love to go to Provence – I’ve been to Paris several times and northern France, but not to Provence.

Wendi Yates

So love those blush flats!!! And I agree about the “My Stylish French Box” would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that! A beautiful treat all through the year…just need a guy to show this too :=(

Linda

HI Vicki, Bought Susan’s book on her french friends on your recommendation and it is fantastique! My girlfriends have had it on constant loan ever since. Please consider me in the draw for the stay at la petite bijou. I’ve been to France twice, but never to Provence…

Kelly Foth

You had me at “cashmere.” I was in your South of France village this summer and loved it. Found a little tea shop there with one whole wall of Mariage Freres teas–heaven!

amy in PA, USA

Vicki – I am a French wannabe, and I am always looking for ways to incorporate French style into my life. I appreciate your website so much – you make it seem so romantic and exotic!

Kimberly Boles

Hi Vicki! I love your blog and books! I actually just ordered my Stylish French Box subscription on Monday! I would love to win a stay in Petite Bijou! My family has travelled to Normany twice and would love to visit Provence! Fingers crossed! Xx

Emily

So nice of you to offer the gift of Le Petit Bijou again this year. I’ll keep my fingers crossed!

Emily

So nice of you, Vicki, to offer the gift of LecPetit Bijou again this year. I’ll keep my fingers crossed

martin bone

Vicki, Its Marty here……. I would love to take my wife to your luxury Le Petit Bijou for my 60th birthday in the heart of St. Remy. My wife has worn out your website and can tell me the decor of every room….. you could say its on her bucket list !!!! Fingers crossed … we can pack in half an hour :)))

They all look lovely – but I already know what my Christmas present will be from my husband. A fabulous pair of long architectural column silver earrings from Georg Jensen. These days we only buy each other one lovely thing. Also, as I love chunky jewellery – that jewel box wouldn’t work for me. Need a trunk!! (Perhaps a small classic vintage LV?) But that’s just me and my style.
The Sharon Santoni box looks lovely but would be something of a lucky dip. Rachel Zoe does a little video with her four gift boxes a year so you can see what’s in each seasonal box. A good idea.
Imagine your family members will be taking a close look at this post and you’ll find quite a few of these under your Christmas tree! Best wishes, Pamela

Nancy Geiger

So glad that Sharon Santoni led me to your blog. Have loved visiting France and love reading about the lifestyle. I know I will enjoy reading your thoughts!

Jennifer Lively

So happy I was introduced to your blog today! I grew up in France…so your topics are of great interest to me. I now live in San Francisco, but travel often to Europe…especially to visit one of my daughters who lives in London. Please consider me for your drawing of a visit to the Little Jewel.
Merry Christmas!

Kelly Foth

I cannot tell if my prior comment went through cyberspace, but here it is again, just in case. You had me at “cashmere.” I was in Saint Remy this past summer and loved it. I found a little tea shop there that had a whole wall of Mariage Freres tea–heaven–and my daughter purchased some fabulous French lingerie in the shop you recommended!

Trish Marshall

Merci Vicki for your generosity and thoughtfulness. What a wonderful Christmas present for one of us. Love your blog. Love your books. Thank you for enriching my life. Love Trish

Adele Miller

Even just looking at such lovely things lifts my spirits. While I’ve come to terms with not being able to have everything (where would one put it?), I’ve also come to realize there’s no reason not to enjoy appreciating great style and design.

Barbara Salmon

Vicki, as a long term fan of your website, I dip in and out when I need some inspiration, a touch of light in my everyday or a splash of something beautiful. Thank you for providing such a lovely constant flow of nice things to read, look at and to inspire. What a lovely gesture to offer petit bijou, will keep my fingers crossed. It something to dream about in our grey London winter day xx

Valerie Alger

Oh, the stuff my dreams are made of. There is something so exciting about seeing the many gorgeous images of french life that transports me to imagining a more cosmopolitan version of my quiet life.
Thank you!
PS I’d love to read about your favorite french films.

MaryKay

A week in Provence! What an enchanting dream. And St. Remy has it all. It’s been many years since I’ve been to the south of France and it would be an absolute delight to return.

Petrina

Already a subscriber and big fan. Fingers crossed Le Petite Bijoux on the cards in 2017. My London based daughter and I would be thrilled.
Thanks for all of your effort this year – fantastic blog!

Jo

The exciting thing about looking over your blog, it’s like a mini trip to France every day. I have never been there and yet you take me there every day and lift my spirits with your Joie de vivre. I pass on to my mother-in-law, all the best bits for her to relish too. She had a trip to France a couple of years a go her first at 70 something, with people that just didn’t get it, hence her dream trip a disaster, she probably won’t get there again, and so we delight in your pages. Thank you for sharing your beautiful experiences and your eye for detail.