2 May 2017

Beauty Secret: Tom Ford Illuminating Primer

Beauty Secrets: Tom Ford on vickiarcher.com

This Illuminating Primer is One Of Those “have To Haves”.

How we apply our make-up and the make-up we apply can make all the difference to the appearance of our skin. It’s not rocket science but a little bit of knowledge can go a long way towards making all the difference.

Light, dewy, glowing and fresh are the words that we ideally wish to use when talking skin.

I wanted to mention Primer again because it can make all the difference. I have never been much of a believer in Primer and could never really understand the benefits. But, I am now a true convert and an everyday wearer pretty much of the time. Primer does make a difference; it fills, covers and refines the texture. We wouldn’t redecorate our homes without all the preparation, would we?

I can’t argue with that logic.

The Tom Ford Illuminating Primer is one of the best, followed by the Laura Mercier Radiance Primer. It is less expensive and still gives an excellent result.

The Tom Ford “glow” is fantastic and looks totally natural. Better yet, the formula makes the skin feel soft and silky.

I can also wear the Primer alone for that little extra something that looks like nothing.

The best part and this really is a win/win, the Primer reduces the appearance of lines and evens out the texture of the skin.

It’s very surprising  *smile*  miraculous almost.

(Ok, slight exaggeration… because we all know miracles are tricky, especially on the face… and I am not that easily impressed … but this product is brilliant.)

How To Light Up

* In preparation, cleanse the face and splash with toner.

* Apply serum and moisturiser and wait 5-10 minutes before applying any other cream.

Next the Primer

Blend in the tiniest amount with the fingertips; a little bit goes a very long way. (I have had mine for quite some time which goes a way to justify the higher price point.)

( for the perfect blend; pump the illuminator onto the back of the hand and apply in a downward motion)

And that’s it.  Ready, set and go for foundation. xv

Beauty Secrets: The Primer

**Tom Ford Illuminating Primer  ||  Laura Mercier Radiance Primer

p.s

i am looking for new reading glasses and these ones pictured are just the “ones”

found these beauties instead, which could work and look similar

take a deep breath but they are totally fabulous

image tom ford

In This Post: ,

Hello Vicki! Spring is here, and new, fresh ideas for self-care are as exciting as seeing new blossoms. THANK YOU for the tips!

Spring does make us re-think… and make those changes or get our routines back on track… :)

Katherine

I purchased this amazing primer recently after reading an earlier post about it on your blog. I love it! It has become my favourite makeup product. Thank you so much for writing about it! I am thinking of trying Tom Ford foundation, as I have been unsuccessful with Luminous silk and many others. I would value your thoughts about Tom Ford foundation Vicki?

I haven’t tried it as yet, Katherine… as I am very happy with the Giorgio Armani.
I probably should though… so a little research again :)

Katherine

Thanks Vicki! I would love to hear your thoughts about the Tom Ford foundation. I have a drawer full of expensive foundations, which unfortunately been unsuccessful for me. The primer is so brilliant so I am thinking that his foundation could be perfect! K x

MImi Gregor

Hmmmm… I might give the Laura Mercier one a try. I like the fact that it goes light on the silicones, which I find can cause break-outs. I don’t wear foundation, just sunscreen, but I like the idea of smoothing out fine lines and large pores.

Lidy@FrenchGardenHouse

Spring is a great time to introduce a primer to our routine, they can work a miracle! I haven’t tried these two, but might jump my Chanel ship and try the Tom Ford! Thank you for the encouragement, Vicki.

Chantalle

Ha! Just bought the Tom Ford Islas in Black with an almost violet lens. They are FAB! I’m a Laura Mercier Primer girl but I will definitely try the Tom Ford for my next primer purchase. Thanks for the tip!

Jeanne

With the hot weather upon us, I welcome less makeup…just a little boost. Is the primer worn under or over sunscreen?
Thanks for the tips, they have helped more than you can imagine!

If I am wearing a specific sunscreen I always apply it first before anything. If I am using a tinted moisturiser with a sunscreen within it comes after :)

Wendy

I also use the Laura Mercier but I will try the Tom Ford next time. Thanks for all your great tips on packing and beauty. They have come in so handy! I am heading to St. Moritz, Lake Como and Venice on Wednesday. You notes on Venice recently have helped me in my packing choices. Any more tips would be greatly appreciated!