28 Aug 2011

and pomegranates too….

Not ready, not ripe but pretty all the same….
Have a wonderful weekend and please stay safe all those in the path of Hurricane Irene….
xv

image – vicki archer

Nana

Enjoy your blog, the photos are simply beautiful. My daughter and I
are looking forward to a stop in St.Remy de Provence in about two
weeks. From Paris to Nice, can't wait,, we are so excited.

Neen

Thanks for thinking of all who are in "Harms Way"…"Irene"…Having a home in Charlotte, N.C. and a second home in Charleston, S.C. we have been very concerned..We have been blessed and the storm presented no threat. Hope and pray everyone else in Irene's path are as lucky.

peggy braswell

Hi Vicki: have grown up in hurricane country, NWFla. I am saying prayers for those who are in her path! My son lives in Brooklyn-god bless all! Delicious image. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

Katherine

The citrus shade of green pops against the dark leaves and worn metal. This is as pretty as the ripened pomegranate. I love table displays that are made with fruits and vegetables.

Victoria

Beautiful photo, Vicki. Often bounty from the garden makes the best decoration. As for Irene, I am in Florida, the usual target for hurricanes. We have had sunny weather, but my sons who live in NYC and Brooklyn had mandatory evacuations. This storm is eerily reminiscent of a disaster film. I'll be holding my breath until Monday.
Best, Victoria

Sami Felmet

I've never seen a green pomegranate. I dry two or three every year and add them my jar or gives them to friends who can't seem to manage the drying. Has anyone ever dried the green ones?
Sami @ pontysporch.blogpot.com

Calico Child

Lovely pick I used to love eating pomegranate's when I was a little girl I remember sitting for hours picking them all out with a pin I don't think I have the patience now :)

Lost in Provence

I have been thinking of you with your lovely ones visiting–the weather couldn't be finer. Sad to say that it is not the same on the East Coast, though I spoke to a friend who said that so far so good in NYC–that the winds were supposed to reach 100 km/hour, which is, for him:"un coup du mistral!"

VictoriaArt

Thank you, dear Vicky! The worst seems over! Lots of flooding, but at least around our neighborhood no other significant damages!
Just the darn basement again…..
Love the image, threes nothing better then a dose of beauty in the face of distraction!

New England Fine Living

As already mentioned above by others, the green is so beautiful. I did not even realize they were that color before turning. Thank you for adding a bit of new knowledge to my life! :-)
Linda