18 Sep 2011

cooking at la mirande in avignon ……

La Mirande, a boutique hotel in the heart of the old town in Avignon, is not only one of the most gorgeous hotels in Provence but also home to a wonderful cooking school. The original 19th century kitchen has been restored to working order and it is here that local chefs come to share their skill and passion for Provencal cookery.

If a trip to Avignon is in your calendar then a morning or afternoon spent in this beautiful kitchen is something a little off the tourist track….Have a browse here to view the programme for the remainder of this year….
Sounds like a good idea…don’t you think? xv

image – la mirande

helen tilston

Good Morning dear Vicki

I think that this is a superb thought and I would be there in a heartbeat but have just returned from a trip to Ireland. Wishing you a Bon Weekend
Helen xx

PCB

I absolutely love Avignon! The chapter in your book gave me goose bumps the first time I read it and so did the photos because I had just made plans to travel there by train from Paris! I was not disappointed! I plan to go again in 2012 . Also hotel d' Europe is beautiful and a beautiful courtyard! Thank you for sharing your love of of all things French and the lLa Mirande!

Michele from Boston

I can highly recommend a few hours sipping tea and eating local treats in the wonderful inner courtyard space after trooping over the rough stone of the papal palace for hours! It's a true hidden treasure.

mary

Hi Vicki, I would love to take a class or 10 at La Mirande–I love to cook; I even cook Jones' food. Poor guy. Have a wonderful week-end. Mary

Amy

Yes, great idea! It would get me out of my rut of cooking and eating nothing but tomatoes, tomatoes, tomatoes lately…when they're in season, I indulge!

(check out the bizarre tomato I picked in my garden – photos on my blog!)

Alcira Molina-Ali

Oh my, oh my, the memories I have of La Mirande.
It was there that we spent the last Christmas with our father before he died. To me that former Palais du Pape is a little slice of Paradise.
Cheers, Alcira

nerochronicles.com

Trish Murphy

What a fabulous idea would love to do a cooking course there. Stunning hotel I would love to stay
there, I was in Avignon last July and loved it The burberry coat on the bed looks so elegant.
La Mirande is on the bucket list. I love the man on the swing.
Happy weekend to you vicki.

Celia Lindsell

Jean-Paul Altamayer is the Chef at La Mirande. He is a performer extrodinaire and a lovely man. You will NEVER forget a cooking class with him. Highly recommended

Blue Muse

It sounds like an incredible idea! I am a kitchen fanactic and would love love love to see this gorgeous one! You have planted the seed dear Vicki!
xo isa

Anonymous

::clunk::

Picking myself up after a big swoon.
THAT place is MARVELLOUS!!

Linda@Lime in the coconut