11 Sep 2011

fetes des vendanges…

It is grape picking time and our local vineyards are busy harvesting their vines and creating their magic…There are many ways to enjoy this season and to be a part of the action… pick the fruit, celebrate with the locals at one of the local fetes des vendanges this autumn…or my personal favourite… raise a glass to these French masters of winemaking, toast this magical nectar and enjoy….

My closest neighbours ….across the road, up the road and around the corner…
Domaine Guilbert
Domaine Milan
Chateau Romanin
Domaine Hauvette

Have a wonderful weekend….xv

images – vicki archer

Sarah B

It all sounds so wonderful. I once spent a day picking at a Tasmanian vineyard, Stoney, and it an incredibly tiring day. I had such a romantic imagination that I was expecting a string quartet to be serenading us as we picked, with a glass of lovely wone in my hand. It was not to be :)

this is Belgium

yesterday I watched a reportage on Belgian TV about the night shift workers during the vendanges.. it is good to stand still and realize what it takes to reach the stage of the final product in the glass

Nanci

We visited Chateau Romanin this summer as it was only 5 minutes or so from our villa near St. Remy. What a unique place! I brought back one of their lovely wines in my suitcase and had a taste of Provence again in America with my husband.

LaPouyette

It looks like we have a very good wine harvest this year here in France! Our grapes, ripened rather early, are just delicious.

Bon weekend
karin

Nanci

We visited Chateau Romanin this June while staying at our villa outside St. Remy-de-Provence. What a unique winery! I brought home a wonderful red to share with my husband back in the US….delicious.

A Gift Wrapped Life

There will be plenty of people who will be happy that those grapes are growing so well Vicky. Though not as old as France, our region is getting notice for it's wines too. Cheere! XO

hopflower

In northern California we have miles and miles of vineyard; especially where I live. Some are still on the vines but many are being harvested. The year was kind to them, but last year was not. It is a pretty sight when the harvest season begins and the leaves start to turn.

Amy

I bought grapes today at the grocery store and was remembering when I was in Auvillar in the south of France last year at this time. My writing group and I spent the entire day at a vineyard wandering the vines, writing, getting inspired.

Callie Grayson

It is the perfect time for a glass of wine! I am dreaming of Sonoma now and wish I was wine tasting!!
but I will lift a glass from my wee cottage here in chicago!
xx