8 Jun 2012

The Best Places to Kiss in Paris

In case you were wondering…

Under the Pont Neuf… an absolute must on, or under the oldest bridge in Paris.

On the banks of the Île-Saint-Louis at the end of the Quai de Bourbon.

On the Quai Saint-Michel in the 5th amongst the booksellers.

City Hall in the 4th… to emulate Robert Doisneau.

The Rodin Museum in the 7th… with ‘The Kiss’ as inspiration.

The Trocadero with the Eiffel Tower as your backdrop… make your way to the 16th.

The most beautiful square in the World… Place de la Concorde.

The stairs of Montmartre in the 18th.

The most romantic railway stations… Gare Montparnasse and Paris Bercy.

on the Seine as you ride the Bateaux – Mouches.

Under the waterfall in the Bois de Boulogne.

On a carousel… you will find one in the 7th, 2nd, 16th, 18th and 20th arrondissements.

Be Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face at the Gare du Nord.

In the library at Le Fumoir in the 1st.

Outside Le Procope… the oldest cafe in Paris… and actually… anywhere in the 6th.

Le Train Bleu… at the Gare de Lyon.

Place des Voges and the Jardins des Tuileries…

The Médicis Fountain at the Luxembourg Gardens…

Le Palais Royal.

You might ask how I know this?

A handbag sized book entitled, The Best Places to Kiss in Paris.

It is an adorable read… full of quirky facts and information for those romantics amongst us… xv

The Best Places to Kiss in Paris.

Karen in CT

cute post and lovely pictures … reminds me of the “dying bodies” – Charlotte’s phrase in Sleeping with Paris … a nice rainy afternoon read. A girl needs a book like that now and then. Happy Friday, Vicki

Heather @ new house, new home, new life

So many wonderful places to kiss in Paris – it really doesn’t matter where, it’s all so romantic. I spent a week in 2010 kissing all over Paris – at the top of the Eiffel Tower, in the subway at Etoiles, Montmarte, Notre Dame, it was blissful. I may just have to buy the book to plan our next trip.

Bonnie Morgan

I want to return to Paris with my husband and experience a kiss in all these places. Loved learning about the darling book. You always inspire.

I am so excited about all the Paris posts my head is spinning. I was going to participate too, but life is keeping me sooo busy! So I will be lazy and soak up all the work the other participants do. I don’t know how you post everyday but it is wonderful!

Louisa Jane

Hello Vicki,

As I began reading all about “the best places to kiss in Paris”, I was curious as to how you knew :)

Now that I see it is advice from a cute little book one must get, I hope you’ve had a chance to be swept off your feet in some of these suggested locations.

Louisa Jane
xo

Emily

Oh Merci, Merci Vicki. Another reason to return to Paris. Love your beautiful post of Paris. Joining your from Anita’s Paris post today.

~Emily
The French Hutch

Callie Grayson

I had a great giggle on this post!
When I lived in Paris, I dated a French man, Laurent and we kissed me all the time even in the middle of the street in traffic once!
He was so romantic that way!
Xx
Callie

Shell Sherree

I’d have said, “Anywhere!” But it’s lovely to have a list of extra-special romantic places, isn’t it. Bon weekend, dear Vicki…

Lisa DeNunzio, La Dolce Villa

Yes, Paris is truly the most romantic city. I’m not sure if there was a kiss involved, but how about Audrey Hepburn and Carey Grant in Charade as they cruised under a bridge on the Bateau Mouche (pardon my spelling). Best, Lisa

rawsilkandsaffron

I couldn’t agree with you more. I don’t think there is any woman out there that isn’t inlove with Paris and the fact you have pointed out the most notable kissing locations is an added bonus to a trip to the most beautiful city in the world.
Manya

Veronique Savoye

Thank you for your visit, today. Tell me Vicki: One can safely assume you have tried and tasted all of these wonderful Parisian locations? Ah, such dedication, such commitment. Merci, Vicki. :-) Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

Hallie

Ahhhhhh I look at these images and I read everyone’s comments – Vicki’s post first of course, and I ask myself: what am I doing in New Jersey?

Catherine

Stunning post, Vicki…as always…I must get the book your friend gave you ;-)
I’m in Paris too, please pop by and join me…
Have a wonderful weekend.
Catherine
xx

Virginia

Oh V, I was just telling a friend, that I’ve always dreamt of being kissed on a bridge in Paris, any bridge, any time of day! !! Now’ I’ll file your recommendations away for hopefully future “use”!
V

Nathalie

Merci Vicki for sharing…I have kissed in many of your spots, but there are many I need to catch next time ( I just ordered the book!)…however I think that after 13 years of marriage and having the boys with us, we may not be as amourous as when we were after the “proposal”!

Your post is so perfect as always! How fun it is to share Paris with all of Anita’s friends ~
And merci for your lovely comment on my post ~
Have a wonderful weekend,
Nathalie

Dawne

Bonjour Vicki!
Thank you so much for joining in on the Paris Party today, and for coming by to see me! I read you every day, and have traveled with you to Paris many times. I have a little Moleskein filled with some of your best addresses that you have shared with us. Now I will practice my pucker, for we will be there again in July ,and I shall be “armed and ready”!!
Amitiés,
dawne

WOW.

Vicki dear, I was gone all day today at work but now I am here to savor all the beautiful posts that are as diverse as Paris itself. What a WONDERFUL CONCEPT..the best places to kiss in Paris!

Your photos are exceptionally lovely, your knowledge is vast on the places that have been there for SO LONG and are still standing strong. I tell you, I cannot WAIT to dig into your book now that I am on summer vacation. You are FRENCH ESSENCE, par excellence!!!

BISOUS, Anita

Sylvia

Dear Vicki , thank you for sharing such valuable information! I have to share this with my husband, he may really book a flight to Paris right away :) and the book sounds intriguing; the images are spectacular!
Love your easy style of writing !
What a brilliant idea of Anita to connect all of us throughout Paris

simone

What a wonderful idea for a book!! I loved reading this post….although I think, as they say, Paris is always a good idea….for everything :)

Happy Week-end! XX

How about kissing on Pont Nuef or on Pont Alexandre III overlooking the Seine River? Kissing on the Eiffel Tower will be memorable too. Also kissing at the Jardin du Luxembourg is romantic. Thanks for reminding us that Paris is romantic! A city of Romance.

deana@lostpastremembered

Magnificent idea for a book… best place to do most anything if you ask me, love, eat drink… thanks to Anita for bringing us altogether to celebrate PAris!!! Did anyone mention Pére Lachaise for a romantic spot… it really is?

mary timmers

Vicki, Very inspiring! For going to Paris if for nothing else than the kissing! I’ts just a reminder that seeing the sights is important, but so is being part of the sights!

Linda

My husband and I were mesmerized with Paris a few weeks ago. We’re at the age of admiring the architecture and history more than smooching!!!! Oh to be young again!!

susana

Darlings!There is no one to kiss me in Paris but if I could come now to see this unique beloved
city I would fell that million kisses come to me!
Susana