18 Jun 2015

Khaki Plus Black and White

black and white for summer

Khaki plus black and white is another essential for the wardrobe this season.

If it is not kaftan mood then I am wearing pants and a tee. I have recently added khaki to the monochrome and apart from my serious love of all things khaki since the days of MASH it is a great colour with the grey locks. (Changing hair colour changes everything, even when it is a natural approach.)

The army jacket is a staple in my wardrobe but as the weather warms I am looking for a lighter alternative. Last year I found an Old Navy camouflage addition that I lived in. This year it is the linen blend army green version. This jacket is the best shape, covers what I need and is lightweight enough to wear in the summer.

Khaki looks fabulous with white and with black.

I am wearing the black Marties and the Old Navy ‘into the woods’ khaki tee with their linen blend field jacket over the top. It’s a sneaker day but later I will add my new espadrilles and be ready for dinner.

I have always believed that a wardrobe, much like an interior, cannot be all stars and no chorus line. The best-dressed women mix the high street with the designer. This field jacket is one of those finds. I am even thinking it will look perfect with the tulle skirt and a black tee.

Khaki plus black and white; not a new idea but an easy game changer, xv

Khaki Plus Black and White

***old navy linen blend field jacket  // old navy khaki linen blend tee  // old navy khaki sueded boxy tee  //  ***j.crew martie pant

p.s

other essentials needed in the wardrobe? the shop is full of new and inspirational images to browse and click.

image mario testino

Karena

Vicki, very interesting as I almost always wear my khaki with black, I love the look

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena
Closer: Michael Clinton

Yes it’s a flattering shade and works so well with black… It’s funny now when I am out about, all I see is khaki… :)

FrenchGardenHouse

I’m in! Khaki is such a great color, it looks beautiful on everyone. There is nothing like an all purpose, goes with everything jacket, the linen blend one from Old Navy is the perfect addition to any wardrobe. I love it with jeans and white too.

I think the white would look great with khaki pants… Yes and definitely with jeans… :)

Not my style or colour. In Paris now I’ve ben wearing hot pink, bright orange and/or red. Toned down with white. Sometime navy, brightened with flashes of orange, and occasionally wear fuchsia and black (with silver) which will take me to Le Grand Vefour tomorrow for our wedding anniversary lunch. Often the red and orange/or clothes with lots of Bakelite bangles in a range of oranges and reds from the Cours Saleya market in Nice and big chunky silver jewellery. Have also found some fun chunky rings in the Pompidou Centre boutique. A woman ran after me out of the Hotel de Ville Post Office today to compliment the jewellery. Best wishes, Pamela

Oh Vicki, we just flew in back home today where the weather is calling for this! Where I was in Carmel, though it was outstanding beauty, was much cooler that here, and wearing my shorts was NOT a good idea!

Love khaki, always have. It wears well and looks fabulous. Off to go do some shopping for the short summer weeks left for me before school! Anita

Sue Malizia

I took your advise a while ago, Vicki and got the Old Navy camo jacket and love it…so just ordered the olive linen jacket too…can’t wait to get it and wear with black and white, as you suggested…I absolutely love the tulle skirt look.

Deb

I love wearing khaki with white or black. My husband will no doubt ask me if I’ve joined the army when I wear it this summer. I’ve always loved khaki.
Debbie