I have had a crush on the side stripe for a while now.
There was a great pair of velvet track style pants in my wardrobe with satin stripes for some time. They worked in so many ways, until they didn’t. That was more about a fabric split than a style malfunction.
A new pair is definitely in order.
There are many options about for this coming season, from the high-end super-charged designer versions, to calmer more affordable alternatives. We don’t need to spend a small fortune on these. It is easy to get the look, wear them well and save ourselves for more important pieces. (Like the shirts and jackets to wear over the top.)
This pant is my new wardrobe essential.
The side stripe will be my new wardrobe essential. It’s only a small deviation from my classic black pants, a nod to what’s in and a very wearable addition. I am winning.
How do we wear the side stripe?
Let’s think of these trousers as an addition to our ‘black and white’ dressing rather than as humble athletic pants. That ship sailed a while ago. The side stripe pant may have its origins in sportswear but it is a pant to be worn everywhere and in a variety of ways.
They come in longer styles, as cropped versions and in varying widths.
I admit to liking them all and wanting a couple of pairs to add to my mix.
- 1. Wear with a tee/ fine sweater and sneakers.
- 2. The loose silk shirt is the perfect companion; add trainers or a mule depending on the occasion.
- 3. Button up in a man style blazer, over a tee. I am still wearing the flats in this version.
- 4. Add a 3/4 – length coat and fabulous wrap once the temperature drops.
- 5. Dress up with a pump when and if required.
Try them, I think you will love the change. xv
Side Stripe, Don’t Side Swipe
wear them with