13 Oct 2017

A Penny (Loafer) For Your Thoughts

A Penny (Loafer) For your Thoughts on vickiarcher.com

gucci new jordaan velvet loafer  ||  gucci brixton loafer  ||  gucci snakeskin loafers

Gucci started it a long time ago.

Actually, I guess the boys were the real beginners.

I am talking about the loafer and I would go as far as to say it will be the shoe of the season; like the sneaker has become our go-to with everything, so will the loafer. Probably many of us have been wearing them forever because we know just how comfy and fab they really are.

Sometimes us “invisible” beauties know a thing or two about what works.

The loafer looks pretty cute with just about everything.

I like them with opaque tights or fancy socks peeking out from a pair of trousers. One of my favourite looks is a pair of man-style pants, an oversized sweater or sweatshirt and a pair of chunky loafers.

This season there are chunky and fine styles on offer; I like both.

I did enough “talking” yesterday so today I have spent my morning finding the best of the best loafers around. Whether they are chunky or fine, divinely extravagant or brilliant buys – that’s where I’ve been. xv

A Penny (Loafer) For Your Thoughts

run don’t walk

veronica  ||  **cambrie  ||  cole haan  ||  **faylen  ||  derby  ||  paul green  ||  tod’s  ||  star velvet

a pretty penny or two

gucci brixton   ||  mansur gavrel  ||  pedro garcia  ||  manolo blahnik  ||  bow tie loafers  ||  chloe fringed

I’ve been looking for a loafer, as well. It’s difficult for me to find a “closed-in” shoe, as my heel is a lot narrower than the front of my foot. Generally, when I find a designer or manufacturer that works for my foot, I tend to look to them first. Ferragamo generally fits me well, but I’m looking more passively than actively. As in, if I stumble across the exact thing I’m looking for and it just happens to fit — I get it, no thought required. But I’m not going to set out on an expedition to acquire it. I think that what the ballet flat is to spring/summer, the loafer is to fall/winter: a casual, comfortable, presentable shoe that is easy to slip on and off.

Kate

Love the smart loafer look. It’s a great easy and comfortable shoe for travelling I find.

Ann

Love loafers — always have. They’re a true classic. I have nearly half a dozen pair — from Tod’s, Brighton, more Tod’s, Vanelli, and something else. They’re in navy leather, black patent, black leather, leopard, and something else. The sad story is I had some wonderful classic Gucci loafers I left in some can’t-remember-which-one hotel room on a biz trip. I didn’t notice they were missing for several months so didn’t know which hotel I’d left them in. Sigh. Still bums me out. :( BTW, hubby has some gorgeous loafers. Sure wish we wore the same size shoe!

candice

A soft pair of loafers are perfect when flying .. my friend has a problem with her feet swelling and loafers are the answer for her .. as well as the ease in going through security , taking things on and off … ugh …

Good morning, Vicki! WOW, am I ready for the weekend. It’s lovely to be back here on your page, where beauty comes in all forms. I’ve had the best pair of loafers in my adult life, and how versatile they are. I enjoy them with a pair of jeans as well as a skirt with while stocking socks. They are the perfect autumn shoe for both work and the stylish weekends!

Candice

I agree with Kate … a comfortable shoe that you can slip off when going through airport security and while sitting for a long flight is so important … and if it looks fab … then what else do we need ? :)

LMG

Have been looking for a while and eventually settled on Isabel Marant’s Ferlyn in taupe and I love them – go with everything and the heel can be worn up or down

italia58

WOW! You knocked it out of the park today with this post. I was just thinking I needed to shop for shoes this weekend so I found this post very inspiring. I loved the Mansur Gavrel’s, the Pedro Garcia’s, the bow tie loafers, and the pièce de résistance for me were the Chloe fringed loafers. I may even throw a pair of Everlanes in there for every day wear. It may stretch my budget to get all four, but they are must haves for sure! Excellent post!