5 May 2018

Weekend Wardrobe: Leopard Print This

Weekend Wardrobe: Leopard Print on vickiarcher.com

Leopard print. Not again?

Yes, again.

A new leopard print shirt has become my go-to weekend wardrobe essential. I’ve been on the move for the last few weeks and found this new shirt to be indispensable. It is that throw it on and feel automatically like a big effort has been made.

I have worn mine with jeans and with black pants, with heels and with trainers. In terms of cost per wear, I am probably already in the black.

More and more I am looking for not only comfort but also quick impact.

Time is precious and I can’t take an hour to decide what to wear anymore. Once I would ruminate over the wardrobe options and enjoy every second; these days a quick fix is my game.

The loose floppy, with a necktie, is my latest style but I am seriously considering expanding my printed repertoire. I am a great believer in duplication when it works as well as this.

Another leopard print to add to the collection. Why not? xv

Weekend Wardrobe: Leopard Print This

ganni fairfax  ||  ganni calla  ||  equipment signature slim  ||  equipment daddy

equipment cashmere  ||  velvet by graham & spencer moselle  ||  alice + olivia julius  ||  rta button down

In This Post: ,

Lidy@FrenchGardenHouse

Oh Vicki! I adore leopard print shirts. I’ve had two for a few years, one a non-iron shirt, the other a sheer shirt. Both are the perfect thing to wear just about any day and everywhere. I’m going away this weekend and you’ve just reminded me to pop one of those in the suitcase. Even though it’s supposed to be hot, and my other choices are linen shirts for this get away, the leopard print looks just as good with jeans as black skinny pants for evening. Thank you!

Pack away, Lidy… you will wear it most of all… I was worried I wore mine too much, too often!

Patricia

Absolutely, when you find something so versatile and indispensable, buy it in multiples or get more similar items (otherwise it’s tears when the one favourite wears out or goes missing).

My version of that is a crisp (but not overly starched) very white shirt, loose, and long enough to wear untucked, knotted at the waist, etc. The right shirt can go from beach caftan to tied or belted over a long black skirt for a formal look. I can never have enough of them, and I’ve often thought of having a uniform of white shirt with jeans for day.

I wish I could wear leopard print, but my hair is still too salt and peppery. Once it’s all silver, I think it will look better on me. Enjoy your new find!

I am not inclined to wear prints. But, for some reason, leopard, stripes and dots do not register as “prints” with me. Maybe because of their neutral colors? Whatever the reason, those are the only “prints” that I seem to wear.

Jo

I have just bought my first leopard print fur coat for winter this year. I had wondered if at 54 I was too old but after seeing your post I decided to go for it!

anitapelayorivera

I do love a good leopard print piece in my wardrobe and I love the idea of wearing black slacks or jeans with it!

MARLA PATTERSON

I love how you say “major impact minimal effort”. Perfect. Fabulous shirt!!!
Fun blog.

maureen kerridge

And you looked sensational in your leopard skin top when we saw you in Sydney – two real beauties.