15 Sep 2018

Weekend Wardrobe: The Simplicity of The Turtleneck

It’s time to reunite with our favourite layer.

Winter is fast approaching and the change of season means some re-ordering of the closet.

Stored away are the summer dresses and sandals and in their place, the knits and cosy layers.

The next few months will see us saying a warm hello to one of our all-time favourite pieces, the turtleneck sweater. It’s all about the finer lines as we focus on this sweater before the heavier knits are on our backs. With its ability to go with nearly everything, there’s no doubt that this item is a firm favourite in our wardrobes, as well as an essential in our new-found ‘capsule wardrobes’.

Paired with denim jeans and a simple pair of flats or sneakers, the turtleneck makes for not only comfortable dressing but also a great look.

Or even a pair of cigarette pants and this pair of leopard mules.

It’s easy to understand why the turtleneck is another one of our trends-to-withstand-the test-of-time.

As well as being one of the most luxurious materials the fine knit version is available in many colours. Black or cream is an easy choice. This cashmere number is going to be an investment piece we could love for years to come.

Are you ready for the fine-knit turtleneck this weekend?

Weekend Wardrobe: The Simplicity of The Turtleneck

rachel pally basic  ||  raey turtleneck   ||  vince cotton  ||  atm ribbed  ||  tom ford fine cashmere

images, adam franzino, shape magazine 2016, jessica alba for ralph lauren, tatler magazine 2015

anitapelayorivera

THIS is my go-to piece of clothing throughout the entire school year. There is nothing more classic in terms of that hip 60s look to the present than the turtleneck. Last year however, I had a very hard time finding the type that clings to the neck; all I found were the loose fitting cowl sorts that were not clingy. I love the skin tight types and it looks as if the samples here are exactly what I love. That Audrey Hepburn, Catherine Deneuve look that can elevate your wardrobe with the simple lines of the body. LOVE IT!

Elizabeth Velasquez

Anita. Look no further than the Majestic Paris turtleneck. It hugs the neck and stays put all day.

Elizabeth Day

This too would be my year-round go-to wardrobe item if I didn’t live in the deep south of the US. However, I do wear a turtleneck as soon as the temperatures drop low enough.

Joanna

Funny that this article was in my email when I just finished going through my closet pulling out sweaters. I surprised myself by the number of turtlenecks I actually own. My favourite is a light brown cashmere with ribs down the front and a neck that fits close to the body without constricting. I like to find ones that fit snugly but too tight. Buttons on the sleeves are always a nice detail. Yes! They are definite part of my fall/winter capsule wardrobe.

Elizabeth Velasquez

I absolutely love the Majestic Paris for Neiman Marcus turtleneck in both the long and half sleeve version. So comfortable and chic. A turtleneck and cigarette pants will be my forever go to, along with a pair of either Gucci mules or Chanel flats. Timeless.

Lynne Savage

I have several lightweight turtlenecks in black bamboo. Perfect for our between seasons in australia.

Sandra Sallin - Apart From My Art

I love turtle necks in theory. But ever since those hot flashes I need to have air around my neck. You are showing the perfect look. I nasally get around the problem with turtle necks by wearing a scarf and then opening it up or tying it close to my neck depending on the temperature in the room or amount of air moving around. What a pain. Always love your posts!