ARE THEY ALREADY A PART OF YOUR ROUTINE?
Sheet masks have quickly become one of the biggest skincare trends of 2018. Despite being fairly new contenders in the skin-care industry, they have already made their mark. It has become impossible to scroll through social media without stumbling across a sheet mask indulged selfie.
But what are they, and why have they become such a statement product in so many people’s skincare routines?
Originally originating from Korea, sheet masks are quite simply ‘sheets’, infused with skin-boosting ingredients for your face. They help seal your skin with hydrating serums, effectively drawing moisture back into your skin at a quick pace. This results in skin looking radiant, brighter and plumper in a short space of time.
Each packet contains one sheet that should be placed on to your face, lining up the holes over your eyes, nose and mouth. Once applied, and you manage to put aside the fact you look fresh off a scary movie set, relax whilst the sheet supercharges your skin.
* Begin with freshly cleansed skin. Apply once it is dry at least 1-2 times a week for clear results.
* Leave your skin to soak up the mask for 5-20 minutes. This depends on the time specified on the individual product’s packaging.
* Flip your mask halfway through, and relax all over again.
* Longer isn’t always better. Sheet masks create an intense moisture barrier. If they dry out, they will begin to suck the moisture out of your skin.
* Massage the residue left behind from the mask into your face and neck, in circular motions to increase blood flow.
* Don’t stop there, continue with the remainder of your skincare routine.
A quick fix to hydration, yes, please.
These Ones Really Do Have Us Covered
image, ben hassett