3 Feb 2019

It’s My Birthday And I’ll Wear What I Want To

Weekend Wardrobe: The Birthday on vickiarcher.com

What do you wear on your birthday?

I like to dress up and make an effort, despite the year and despite the party.

This year I am away with a great fun loving group of Aussie mates and we will celebrate. The best birthdays are those spent with friends and family. So what to wear?

We are having a party and it will be low key and casual – the party dress I would like to wear won’t be appearing. A Western theme is happening so I’m figuring the jeans, boots and shirt trifecta will be the go.

I have been spoilt with a new “A” to match my “V” necklace; a special initial not only because I’m VA but also because of our little grandbaby on his way. I think his name might begin with an “A”.

These three are an easy answer to my question and a fabulous way to celebrate my day. xv

Birthday Party: I’m Wearing This

re-done high waist stove pipes  ||   alice & olivia leopard print silk blouse  ||  isabel marant stacked heels  ||  stone and strand necklace

*this feature contains affiliate links

images, confetti system, karen walker, stock imagery

Anne

Hi Vicki – It’s my birthday too this month, 11th February, does this mean we are both Aquarians ? My little grand-daughter was also born this month on 6th February, the best birthday present ever. She will be 4 years old next week. I also love cream cable sweaters and am wearing an Irish one as we speak. Happy birthday toooo yoooo and no need for cream sweaters in Australia for either you or my son who lives in Sydney. May your birthday be HOTTT. Mine will be cool and in Paris. Can’t complain though.
Bizzz, bizzz,
Anne

RedheadinParis

There’s no denying that dress is luscious and you would look great in it! But casual western is fun for a party. Happy ☺birthday to you Vicki! Thanks for the enjoyable reads and especially for including more pictures of you recently! I love how VA explores how to appreciate the outer and inner woman.

Thanks Connie… I’m trying with the photos… not my natural inclination, I prefer being behind the lens.. ;)

sue

Happy Birthday Vicki! Hope this year will be a healthy and happy one and full of adventures and fun for you.

Joanna

Happy Birthday Vicki! You’re absolutely right in that we should enjoy the day, not mourn getting older.
Oh, and congrats on the new grand Baby! Boy or girl?

Linda B

Happy, happy birthday to our dearest, most delightful Vicki!!!! What a wonderful celebration you will have—being with your best friends will bring joy. (Or has already done so—with the time difference!) I hope there has been much laughter and frivolity.

This year is going to be so amazing, with your first grandchild on his way. The anticipation is already so delicious, right? (You might remember that I am also awaiting my first grandchild; I know I can hardly wait for her arrival at the tail end of spring, so I know you are feeling like this too.)

Xxoxxoxoxo
Linda

Trish Murphy

Wishing you a wonderful birthday Vicki and all happiness for the year ahead. Thank you for all the inspiring and insightful posts. Every joy awaits you and your family on the arrival of your first Grandchild.It has to be experienced to fully understand the pure happiness and joy. We are awaiting our second Grandchild in July. Xx Trish

Carolyn

Happiest of birthdays to you Vicki! What a joy to be looking forward to the arrival of a new little soul – your grandson. Enjoy this time with family and friends and hope that we see photos of the little one once he arrives.

Richard Hacker

Happy Birthday Vicki, You will look stunning in the proposed outfit. Please post a pic of you all westernised. Have a super time.

anitapelayorivera

Good morning dearest Vicki! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! I was away all day yesterday, celebrating being able to go out in above zero temperatures (as you saw in my IG stories!) – first of all, your party dress idea is splendid, perhaps for another occasion this year. You must get that dress! But it sounds like your party plans and wardrobe will be fun and adventurous. I wish you the best birthday this year dear and wonderful friend!

Tara dillard

For decades I’ve made sure to have a Garden Design appointment on my birthday, never letting client know it’s my birthday. In thanks to Providence. Love, adore, cannot imagine life without designing gardens.

Have been asked, meeting someone new socially, “Are you retired? ” . Most depressing question ever. No, my work is my air & relationship with my muse.

Yes, getting birthday dressed total joy. Chambray, linen, tweed, denim, white cotton, work boots, muck boots, cowboy hat, broad brim hat, snake proof boots, whatever site/season demand.

Of course changing for dinner out with Beloved on my birthday……new ballgame. And why I adore your site. Have bought so many things from your good advice/links. Zero time/desire to figure this stuff out on my own. That takes away from my brain being in gardens. Thank you for all you share.

Garden & Be Well, Tara

Michelle à Détroit

Wishing you the happiest of birthdays, Vicki. Your wardrobe choice for the day looks Fabulous. On the other hand, you could wear the party dress with white trainers….

Alexandra Lansdown

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR VICKY. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. Fellow Aquarian. Alexandra